Thursday, August 26, 2010

थे योग WARS

An article,written by Emily Wax of the Washington Post, entitled 'YOGA WARS' SPOIL SPIRIT OF ANCIENT INDIAN( read Hindu, my take and word choice)SYSTEMS caught my eye. I will not repeat the gist of the article which gives a very brief outline of things, but enough to give ardent practitioners a whiff of things to come. At one time in the US, when I was growing up and in High School,people tended to think of YOGIS as people who 'STOOD ON THEIR HEADS',a notion made popular by a particular comedy movie(which involved as I recall some wresling), and by varous 'fakirs' &n 'yogis' in circuses, sideshows, carnivals, stage shows,etc. as well as various articles in magazines for the 'lower classes and males'. But I had been delving into yoga, spiritualism, Rosicrucianism,Buddhism, varous religions and philosophies,etc. along with many otehr subjects both mundane as well as occult, so my youthful enthusiasm was not discouraged or dimmed expcet for a few brief episodes of scepticism,cynicism, and 'scientific' doubts about everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment